Posting Date: Thursday, October 17, 2013
Drew University Technology seeks a talented individual to serve as our Manager of Classroom and Media Services. This position is responsible for management and support of all of our Technology Enabled Learning Environments (TILEs) including AV and PC support for curricular technology in the classroom. The person is also responsible for the Media Services team who does all A/V installs and deliveries for the campus. As part of the Technology Infrastructure Services management team, this person works closely with the Director and the other managers to set technical standards, design and implement systems, and provide top-quality customer service to faculty, staff and students.
Required Minimum Level of experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experiences
- At least two years’ experience doing audiovisual and PC support, preferably in a higher education setting
- Understanding of audiovisual technology, cabling, and applications
- Certifications in A/V control systems, such as CTS, CTS-D, Crestron DMC-E, Crestron Certified Programmer
- Experience with PC configuration management with common tools and software
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience managing operational budgets, planning for supplies
- Experience managing audiovisual project installations
- Good verbal and communication skills, especially for technical documentation.
- Installing, configuring, managing, and maintaining all audiovisual systems on campus.
- Managing the Technology Enabled Learning Environments (TILEs), including the on-call hotline , supporting academic use of laptops and A/V systems, ensuring deliveries and service calls are scheduled in a timely fashion, documenting and providing training for users of the TILEs.
- Supervising two full-time employees and a student staff.
- Help to set standards for audiovisual systems on campus and determine best service delivery models for classroom computing systems. Serve as A/V integrator and project manager on projects as needed, and coordinate vendor services in general.
- Ensure compliance with A/V upgrade and maintenance budgets.
To apply please submit cover letter, resume, and reference information to HR1013firstname.lastname@example.org. To enrich education through diversity, Drew University is an AA/EOE. In accordance with Department of Homeland Security guidelines, successful applicant must be legally able to work in the United States.