Posting Date: Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Drew University is a private, liberal arts university located in Madison, N.J., just 29 miles west of New York City. Ranked among the top liberal arts institutions nationwide by U.S. News & World Report, Forbes and Washington Monthly, Drew is also listed in Princeton Review’s Best 378 Colleges. Drew has a total student enrollment of 2,019 in three schools: The College of Liberal Arts, the Caspersen School of Graduate Studies and the Drew Theological School. The undergraduate program offers degrees in 30 different disciplines, while Caspersen and the Theological School offer degrees at the masters of arts and doctorate levels.
About INTO University Partnerships
INTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimatize to life on a US university campus and prepare for long-term academic success. Since 2006, INTO has launched partnerships to internationalize 19 universities in the US, UK and Asia, including Oregon State University, University of South Florida, Colorado State University, Marshall University, George Mason University, and Drew University.
Drew University is seeking applications for qualified candidates for the position of Instructor in the English Language Program., beginning January 2015. This is a 12-month, renewable contract, and includes full-time benefits. Candidates must demonstrate excellence in teaching, and serve as a mentor and resource for colleagues. Teaches in a content and project-based curriculum and actively supports the ELP’s mission and goals. Reports to Program Coordinator responsible for assigned teaching duties.
- M.A. in Applied Linguistics, TESOL, Language Teaching Methodology, Cirriculum and Instruction, or related field with 18 hours of TESL courses
- Minimum of 3 years full-time teaching experience in a college-level English language program
- Excellent teaching, demonstrated by classroom observations, student evaluations, and sample materials
- Evidence of ongoing professional development activities
- Advanced proficiency in spoken and written academic English
- TESOL Certification
- Experience creating content-based materials, projects, and rubrics for adult English language learners
- Evidence of contributions to colleagues’ professional development, demonstrated by workshops, collaborative materials development or other activities
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, collaborative approach to working with others, and strong communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to teach public speaking skills
- Overseas experience
To apply, please submit cover letter, curriculum vitae, and statement of teaching philosophy electronically to the following email address: HR1114firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Until position is filled.
To enrich education through diversity, Drew University is an AA/EOE. In accordance with Department of Homeland Security regulations, successful applicant must be authorized to work in the United States. This position is subject to a background check