Posting Date: Wednesday, July 26, 2017
Drew University, a Phi Beta Kappa liberal arts university, includes the College of Liberal Arts, the Drew Theological School and the Caspersen School of Graduate Studies. Drew is located on a beautiful, wooded, 186-acre campus in Madison, New Jersey, a thriving small town close to New York City. It has a total enrollment of more than 2,000 students and has 145 full-time faculty members, 94% of whom hold the terminal degree in their field. The Theological and Caspersen Schools offer MA and PhD degrees and the College confers BA degrees in 30 disciplines.
Drew is dedicated to exceptional faculty mentorship, a commitment to connecting the campus with the community and a focus on experiential learning. Particularly noteworthy opportunities for undergraduates include the Charles A. Dana Research Institute for Scientists Emeriti (RISE), home of 2015 Nobel Prize Winner for Medicine and Drew Fellow William Campbell, the Drew Summer Science Institute, the Center for Civic Engagement, as well as the Wall Street Semester, Semester at the United Nations, Semester on Contemporary Art and Semester on Communications and Media in New York City and several international semester programs. The University also houses the Center on Religion, Culture & Conflict, the Center for Holocaust/Genocide Study and the Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey, an independent professional theater, as well as the United Methodist Archives and History Center and one of the country’s leading concentrations of materials on Willa Cather.
The University seeks a customer service oriented individual who is a well-organized effective communicator and a team player for the role of Service Coordinator in the Facilities Department. The Facilities Service Coordinator provides a variety of advanced confidential, technical and administrative services for the Facilities Department.
- Works with the Facilities Management Maintenance System (TMA) to accept, create, categorize and distribute work orders to the facilities team. Assists with scheduling and communication of general campus work. Provides work flow analysis by running and reviewing work order reports. Updates work order system databases, facility related documents, spreadsheets and files as needed.
- Greets all visitors to the department and answers the phone, responding to inquiries, requests for information and providing assistance. Manages contractor access and distributes keys and access cards as needed.
- Keeps track of new key requests and distribution. Tracks and processes lost key charges.
- Oversees student employee workflow and coordinates their schedules each semester. Provides basic software training and instruction with regards to office task execution to student employees. Ensures that the front office and phone have appropriate coverage during business hours.
- Completes additional assignments and tasks per the direction of the Facilities Leadership team.
- Be able to communicate through computer email, telephone voice mail systems, two-way radio systems and cell phone; able to use basic functions of a computer, including competency with Microsoft Office, for tracking work orders, managing scheduled meetings and work, managing email, and other files and documentation.
- Able to maintain a clean and organized working environment that is conducive to a team environment. Strong English written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required. Willingness to work some overtime and occasional weekend hours during key
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technician school, or six-months to one year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience required; Bachelor’s degree preferred; 1-3 years experience preferred.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and 3 references to HR0717-7@Drew.edu.
To enrich education through diversity, Drew University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with Department of Homeland Security regulations, successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States. This position is subject to a background check.