Posting Date: Thursday, July 17, 2014
Drew University seeks a professional to join the University Advancement team as Assistant Director of Alumni Relations, responsible for building and strengthening alumni philanthropy by: supporting a volunteer network through planning and implementing engagement opportunities, which foster lifelong, mutually-enriching connections; supporting university priorities and initiatives; creating an inclusive community among alumni, current and prospective students and the University. These goals are accomplished through the development and implementation of events/programs, promoting benefits/services, developing communications, and providing volunteer opportunities and campus/community partnerships.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Volunteer Management: Helps volunteers to manage their time, commitment and expectations, and ultimately achieve their goals.
- Alumni Engagement / Relationship Building: Develops relationships with alumni and students through meetings, phone calls, e-mails and events to help build and strengthen their connection to the University.
- College Alumni Association: Prepares for board meetings and follow-up. Maintains electronic and paper records of minutes, attendance and correspondence of board and committees.
- Event Management: Coordinates regional club programs, networking sessions, Young Alumni programs, and student activities, including marketing and communications, volunteer management, scheduling, registration and all logistics. Develops programming designed to engage a variety of constituents. Program Development: Creates a variety of programs that appeal to constituent populations. Coordinates all logistics for the program, including space reservations, securing speakers, catering, marketing and other vendor needs. Develops and manages budgets for each program.
- Young Alumni Outreach: Engages recent graduates through communications and programming to keep them connected to the University from commencement on.
- Reunion: Plans and manages logistics for a portion of Alumni/Reunion Weekend, including e- communications. Serves as the staff liaison for 3 anniversary classes. Oversees all events assigned.
- Marketing/Communication: Develops communications that entice constituents to remain connected with Drew, and are in line with Drew’s messaging. Remains up-to-date on technology designed to further the mission of the Alumni Office. Conducts research on emerging technologies.
- Student Outreach: Develops opportunities for students to get more involved and be more connected to the alumni network through programming and communications, including invitations to select programs, welcome back activities, orientation gift and welcome cards, monthly communications, and more.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years experience in higher-ed/non-profit required; 3-5 years preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong constituent relations orientation
- Experience in volunteer management
- Demonstrated organizational and managerial skills
- Available to travel; Frequent evening and weekend responsibilities as necessary
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and references to HR0714firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include salary requirements. This position is subject to a background check.
To enrich education through diversity, Drew University is an AA/EOE. In accordance with Department of Homeland Security regulations, successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.