Posting Date: Thursday, January 28, 2016
Drew University, a Phi Beta Kappa liberal arts university, includes the College of Liberal Arts, the Drew Theological School and the Caspersen School of Graduate Studies. Drew is located on a beautiful, wooded, 186-acre campus in Madison, New Jersey, a thriving small town close to New York City. It has a total enrollment of more than 2,000 students and has 145 full-time faculty members, 94% of whom hold the terminal degree in their field. The Theological and Caspersen Schools offer MA and PhD degrees and the College confers BA degrees in 30 disciplines.
Drew is dedicated to exceptional faculty mentorship, a commitment to connecting the campus with the community and a focus on experiential learning. Particularly noteworthy opportunities for undergraduates include the Charles A. Dana Research Institute for Scientists Emeriti (RISE), home of 2015 Nobel Prize Winner for Medicine and Drew Fellow William Campbell, the Drew Summer Science Institute, the Center for Civic Engagement, as well as the Wall Street Semester, Semester at the United Nations, Semester on Contemporary Art and Semester on Communications and Media in New York City and several international semester programs. The University also houses the Center for Civic Engagement, the Drew Summer Science Institute, the Center on Religion, Culture & Conflict, the Center for Holocaust/Genocide Study and the Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey, an independent professional theater, as well as the United Methodist Archives and History Center and one of the country’s leading concentrations of materials on Willa Cather.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
The President’s Office at Drew University is seeking a Senior Administrator. This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the President. The successful candidate will be accessible by phone and available to come to the campus outside of normal business hours.
- Managing the President’s calendar, ensuring that scheduled work time is used efficiently and strategically.
- Read and analyze incoming mail, memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution to President, Chief of Staff, and Executive Administrator.
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Serve as primary liaison and coordinator for managing workflow related to the President’s on-campus residence, including scheduling events and meetings, and organizing, scheduling, and expediting maintenance work.
- Perform other administrative functions such as handling incoming mail, email, visitors, and phone calls.
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred. The successful candidate must have good interpersonal skills, the ability to multi-task, a commitment to providing outstanding support services, and attention to detail. Skills include Microsoft Office Suite and Google Mail and Calendar.
To apply please submit cover letter and resume electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: February 12, 2016
To enrich education through diversity, Drew University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with Department of Homeland Security guidelines, successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States. This position is subject to a background check.