New to Drew
Please join me in welcoming the newest members of our community!
John Holden Director of Alumni Giving
Stewart Robinette Dir of Residence Life and Community Standards
Staff and faculty may now create their own campus mailing labels and name badges, as well as create a list of email addresses by going (through Internet Explorer only) to https://evmaps.drew.edu. For approval and instructions, please email Fredi Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at ext 3795. For first time requestors, please allow two business days to process your request.
Health and Dental Coverage for Children up to Age 26
As your children prepare to graduate from high school or college, please be aware of the following:
- children who are currently covered under your health plan can remain on the plan until they are 26 years old; at 26 years and one day, they will be denied any further coverage through the plan
- children who are currently covered under your dental plan can remain on the plan through the end of the month they turn 26 years old;
- you must notify HR to remove your child from your health and/or dental plan by completing an Enrollment Change Form and a Rate Sheet (located on our Intranet site)
- HR will adjust your premium and arrange for COBRA information to be sent to your child
- Changes must be made at least one month in advance; please note that there are no premium refunds
- Children under age 26 who are losing their school coverage can be added to your plan; please complete an Enrollment Change Form and Rate Sheet (located on our Intranet site) and provide a birth certificate or other documentation that establishes your relationship as the parent/guardian.
- HR is not responsible for tracking dependent eligibility; employees are responsible for ensuring that their children’s coverage is ended when they turn 26 (or begun when they lose coverage)
As with all new systems, we are discovering that some information did not cross over from Aims to Banner as we expected. PLEASE review your most recent pay stubs to ensure that the appropriate deductions are being taken from your pay for your elected benefits and any additional tax withholdings you may have requested. Should you discover any omissions with your benefits, contact Fredi @ext 3795; questions about taxes can be directed to BJ @ext. 3484.
TIAA-CREF Calculations (biweekly paid staff only). Please note that calculations for TIAA-CREF contributions in Aims were calculated by dividing your annual salary by 26 and contributing that amount to your account each month. In Banner, TIAA-CREF contributions are calculated on your gross wages for each paycheck individually. When reviewing your quarterly statements starting in 2012, you will notice that the amount may be a little different each month. If you have any questions about your contributions, please call Janis @ext. 3212.
HR and Payroll Closed
Jennifer Linne, who has worked as the HR/Payroll assistant during Banner implementation, has completed her assignment and will be leaving today, March 30th. Please join us in thanking Jennifer for keeping HR and Payroll running during our extended absences!
HR and Payroll staff will be involved in all-day Banner training on April 2, 3 and 4. (We’re counting down – only one more three-day training after this one!!) Email and voice mail will be checked periodically, but note that it may take a couple of days before we are able to respond to your inquiry.
To ensure that monthly paid faculty and staff are paid correctly, all paperwork, including stipends and new hire benefit enrollment forms, must be received in HR or Payroll no later than the dates shown below. Sorry, but deadlines will be strictly enforced – no exceptions!
April 20 for the April 30 paycheck
May 22 for the May 31 paycheck
Student Summer Housing applications are due in HR today, Friday, March 30th. If your department would like to participate in the program this year, please indicate how many students you plan to hire and confirm that your budget can cover the wages (minimum of 300 hours) for each student. Departments will be notified by April 4 how many students they can hire under this program.
Sexual Harassment and Employment Discrimination Training is mandatory for all full and part-time faculty, including adjuncts, and staff. Designed to help us understand, respond to and prevent employment discrimination and sexual harassment in the workplace, the online training takes less than one hour and can be taken anywhere you have access to a computer. If you have not already done so, please fulfill your responsibility by going to: http://training.newmedialearning.com/phs/drewu to take the sexual harassment training and http://training.newmedialearning.com/ped/drewu for employment discrimination training. If you are not certain whether you have taken the training, call Fredi Cox at 3795.
Calendar of Events
Friday, April 6 University Holiday
New Faculty and Staff Orientation:
Tuesday, April 10 8:00 am – 10:30 am Madison House, Rm 104
Monday, April 30 9:00 am – 11:30 am Madison House, Rm 104
TIAA-CREF Individual Counseling Sessions (by appointment only*)
Thursday, April 26 9:00 am – 5:00 pm University Commons, Rm 207
Tuesday, May 22 9:00 am – 5:00 pm University Commons, Rm 207
Wed, June 20 9:00 am – 5:00 pm University Commons, Rm 207
*To schedule an appointment with TIAA-CREF call 1-800-732-8353