All Copper Beech units are equipped with a fireplace in the living room area. Fireplace use is at the discretion and risk of the resident and any damage caused to the unit, especially the carpet area in front of the fireplace is the sole responsibility of the renter.
Following are fireplace safety tips from the U.S. Fire Administration. Further information can be found on their website.
- Clear the area around the hearth of debris, decorations and flammable materials
- Always use the mesh, metal screen when a fire is lit
- Burn only dry seasoned hardwood
- Never use flammable liquids to start a fire
- Build small fires that burn completely and produce less smoke
- Never burn cardboard boxes, trash or debris
- When building a fire, place logs at the rear of the fireplace on the support grate
- Never leave a fire unattended. Extinguish the fire before going to bed or leaving the residence
- Always use a fire
Fireplace Usage Form