Graduate, Theological and Visiting Students
For students who do NOT currently reside in University Housing
All students requesting summer housing must complete the on-line application (link below). A non-refundable housing deposit of $50 must also be submitted to the Housing Office. This deposit will be applied to the summer occupancy fee. Please make checks payable to “Drew University”.
Housing is calculated on a weekly basis from Sunday through Saturday. No summer housing arrangements will be made for partial weeks; if you stay for any part of a week, you will be billed for the entire week. No exceptions will be made. All summer students are responsible for paying their occupancy fees to the Business Office prior to arrival.
Students will be assigned summer accommodation in Tipple, Wendel, Eberhardt or Townhouse. Single and double occupancy rooms are furnished with a single bed (35” x 80” mattress), desk, chair and dresser and have access to a shared kitchen and bathroom. You will need to provide your own linens, dishes and cooking utensils.
1. All students are responsible for complying with the Residence Regulations enclosed with the initial assignment posted in buildings and printed in Daniel’s Dictionary. Violation of regulations will subject a student to disciplinary action and possible removal from University residence with no refund of fees or costs.
5. The University is not responsible for personal property of students in residence whether it is lost, stolen or damaged. Personal property must be removed from the residence halls when students vacate their room assignment.
6. The University reserves the right to change a housing assignment when deemed advisable for due cause. Due cause could include but is not restricted to: facilities emergency, energy conservation, disciplinary incident, conflict resolution or violation of this agreement.
7. Students shall be responsible for any and all damage done to their room or the residence hall and shall make payment for damage to their room or the residence hall to the University immediately upon assessment. Suite, room, or residence hall common area damage that cannot be individually assessed will be charged proportionately to all students living in those areas.
8. No changes to any room, lock, component of the building or its contents shall be undertaken without the prior written consent of the Director of Facilities Operation.
10. The University will not make any unauthorized entry to a room unless it is to perform services either requested or for routine maintenance; a life threatening situation is present; a major disturbance to the community or known criminal activity is occurring; re/safety emergency; securing for vacation periods.
13. Students are prohibited from cooking in their room and from bringing any illegal items listed in Daniel’s Dictionary. Cooking is allowed in facilities where kitchens are provided.
Nonresident Summer Housing Application