Walking is a highly underrated, readily available physical activity. Walking is “Near perfect exercise“.
Here at Drew, students, staff and faculty have a great excuse to walk — getting to class, to meals, to social centers, to town, to fields. Every step counts.
Walking is beneficial to you physically:
- decreases body fat and increases metabolic rate
- promotes cardiovascular protection
- improves muscle strength
- increases respiratory volume
Consider the effect of walking on your mental health:
- helps manage depression
- helps manage anxiety
- allows time for socializing while exercising
- improves alertness, concentration and attention
- increases personal productivity
Distance adds up when you walk on and around the Drew campus. This is an interactive project. You can keep track of how far you walk on a daily basis. Using the widget you can calculate your energy use (calories) and use this for weight management.
Click on the route map guides below to help visualize the ground you can cover here at Drew.