No student will be refused care because of inability to pay at the time of service
Drew University Health Service provides the following services to all students:
Primary Care Services:
- Outpatient primary medical care by appointment. You can come as often as needed with no co-pay.
- Urgent care walk-in service
- Diagnostic tests performed at our certified laboratory or sent to an outside facility
- Allergy shots
- Evaluation and treatment of injury or illness
- Evaluation and treatment of sports related injuries: ImPACT Concussion Testing
- Prevention and management of chronic disease/disability
- Physical examinations
- Referral to specialists
- Medication management including new prescriptions and refills from our in house pharmacy or from a local pharmacy that participates with your insurance. Madison pharmacy will deliver to students on campus: Medication Refills
- Our Nurse Practitioners have DEA registration numbers which enable them to write prescriptions for controlled substances.This includes medications prescribed for ADHD.
- Emergency Contraception (“morning after pill”) and birth control pills: Birth Control Refills
- Gynecological examinations and pap smears
- Pregnancy testing
- Sexually transmitted infection prevention, counseling, testing and treatment
- HPV vaccine which is recommended for females up to the age of 26 and males up to the age of 21.
Immunization and travel Services:
- Immunizations including those required for admission or travel
- International travel advisory/vaccines
- flu shots
- Phone consultations
- Counseling regarding sexual health, nutrition, stress management and healthy living habits
- Eating disorder prevention, evaluation and treatment
- Alcohol/drug information
- Information and counseling about health concerns and birth control methods
- Smoking cessation assistance
- Referrals to Drew University’s Counseling and Psychological Services and our Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
No fee for routine office visits. View the costs page for a full list of fees and costs. Payment due at time of service. Fees may be paid by cash, personal check, or All-Campus card. Unpaid balances will be forwarded to the Business Office and will incur a $10 service charge.