Having problems with your student loan – with disbursements, deferment, or forbearance?  The first thing to do is to contact your lender.  If you’ve lost track of your lender, try the National Student Loan Clearinghouse’s free Loan Locator service.

If you still can’t resolve your problem, contact the Office of Financial Assistance here at Drew, or your guaranty agency (HESAA for New Jersey residents).  Information about your guaranty agency should be included with your loan forms.  If you still can’t resolve your problems, your last resource is NASFAA’s Office of the Ombudsman:

Office of the Ombudsman
Student Financial Assistance
U.S. Department of Education
Rm. 3012, ROB #3
7th and D Streets, SW
Washington, DC 20202-5144

The Office of the Ombudsman is your last recourse after contacting your lender, guaranty agency, and Drew’s Office of Financial Assistance.