Drew Forum 2017–2018 Season
This year's lineup of nationally known speakers will cover sports, politics, satire, science and more.
Ticket prices are listed with each event and range from $32 to $75.* They may be purchased from The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey online or by calling 973-408-3917.
The Drew Forum speaker series is generously sponsored by the Blanche and Irving Laurie Foundation and the Thomas H. Kean Visiting Lectureship.
*Plus $6 handling fee per order.
First Folio! The Book That Gave Us Shakespeare is a national travelling exhibition organized by the Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C. to commemorate the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare’s death.
The exhibition is produced in association with the American Library Association and Cincinnati Museum Center and is funded in part by a major grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities: Exploring the Human Endeavor and the generous support of Google.org, Lord Browne of Madingley, Vinton and Sigrid Cerf, the British Council, Stuart and Mimi Rose, Albert and Shirley Small and other generous donors.
First Folio, which was assembled in 1623, seven years after Shakespeare’s death, includes 36 of his plays—18 of which had never before been published. Without it, Julius Caesar, Macbeth, As You Like It, The Tempest and more could have been lost. The book will travel to all 50 states, Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico. The exhibition, which also includes panels and digital content, exclusively features First Folios from the Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C., whose collection of 82 First Folios is the largest in the world.
Folger Shakespeare Library selected Drew as the sole exhibitor in New Jersey because of its renowned theatre program, wealth of Shakespeare courses and nexus with the Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey, which is based on Drew’s 186-acre campus. The book will arrive in late September and be displayed from Oct. 6 through Oct. 30 on the first floor of Mead Hall, with a bevvy of daily programming around it.
First Folio! The Book that Gave Us Shakespeare appears courtesy of the Folger Shakespeare Library. Books in the Time of Shakespeare is supported in part by the Delmas Foundation.
Exhibit Hours: Tuesday to Friday 4-8 p.m. and weekends 12-8 p.m.
Group Tours: For information on tours for groups up to 60, such as from schools, contact email@example.com or 973-408-3702.
Folio News & Links
- 4 Things You Should Know About Shakespeare's First Folio
- The Record traces the history of First Folio
- BroadwayWorld reviews Richard III at @ShakespeareNJ
- Drew, Shakespeare Theatre celebrate the 1623 book's arrival
- JerseyArts interviews Drew's Chris Ceraso about the book that gave us Shakespeare
- Drew Co-Hosts Shakespeare’s First Folio
- Shakespeare Theatre is performing Richard III during the First Folio exhibition
- Drew's Jonathan Rose reviews book on First Folio
- Drew students create exhibits for First Folio
- Drew University chosen to host Shakespeare's First Folio
- Drew University site
- Folger's First Folio site
- Shakespeare Theatre of N.J. site
- Drew Department of Theatre and Dance