Pre-concert conversation at 7:15 p.m.
Michael Brown, piano; Tara Helen O’Connor, flute; Stephen Taylor, oboe; Sebastian Manz, clarinet; Peter Kolkay, bassoon; Radovan Vlatković, horn
The Hungarian György Ligeti was one of the 20th century’s greatest musical innovators. His effervescent Six Bagatelles for wind quintet connected the music of his great influence, Bartók, to the language of the future. This outstanding collection of internationally renowned wind players, joined by pianist Michael Brown, offers wind ensemble classics of the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries.
- Reicha: Quintet for Winds in D major, Op. 91, No. 3 (1818)
- Barber: Summer Music for flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon and horn, Op. 31 (1955)
- Ligeti: Six Bagatelles for flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon and horn (1953)
- Mozart: Quintet in E-flat major for oboe, clarinet, bassoon, horn and piano K. 452 (1784)
- Françaix: L’heure du berger for flute, oboe, clarinet, basson, horn and piano (1947)
Since 2006, the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center has been a residency partner with Drew University, bringing distinguished classical artists to The Concert Hall at the Dorothy Young Center for the Arts. This partnership is made possible thanks to the generosity of the Frank and Lydia Bergen Foundation.
Single tickets are $60. Groups of 10 are $50 each. A limited number of educational tickets are available for $15 each when purchased at the door with a current educational ID. Three-concert subscription price: $155.
Visit drew.edu/boxoffice or call 973-408-3176 to purchase tickets.