AmeriCorps Part-Time Member Service Opportunity at Drew University.
Under the supervision of Jonathan Golden, Director of the CRCC, as a part-time AmeriCorps member you will participate in training local police, community members, and at-risk youth in conflict resolution and de-escalation techniques. Plan and host community-building activities, modeled after the successful national Youth Police Initiative program (YPI). Measure your impact through surveys, and highlight success stories on social media!
Benefits: What You Receive
- AmeriCorps coordinates with the federal work study program.
- AmeriCorps will add to the work study allowance a stipend, paid in equal bi-weekly installments. The total will not exceed the AmeriCorps annual stipend amount of $ 6,686.
- In addition, upon successful completion of the term of service, the part-time member receives an education award in the amount of $ 2,907.50. (More information at https://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps)
Programs are part-time, on-campus, with limited travel, and can be renewed for additional terms of service.
- Member service hours = 900 hours, 20-25 hours/week, including the summer months.
- The AmeriCorps member term of service is 12 months. Start date anticipated is September 1, 2018, and end date August 31, 2018.
Applicants must also meet the following AmeriCorps requirements: A US citizen, US national, Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the U.S. and/or tribal member; At least 18 years old; A minimum of a high school diploma or GED; No more than three previous terms as an AmeriCorps member; Pass a criminal history background check, including an FBI check.
Our anticipated AmeriCorps start date for this program sites is September 1, 2018.
Candidates can email an expression of interest to email@example.com. Please include “AmeriCorps at Drew” in the subject line, and attach a list of three (3) references and a current resume.
Prof. Jonathan Golden
Director, Drew University’s Center on Religion, Culture and Conflict
Madison, New Jersey
AmeriCorps engages more than 80,000 men and women in committed service each year at more than 21,000 locations across the country.
Getting. Things. Done.
The AmeriCorps National Service Network