Volunteer Resource Center
The mission of the Volunteer Resource Center is to empower and aid the Drew community to volunteer on and off campus, to provide another dimension to the “Drew experience,” and to connect the benefits of service with a liberal arts education. The VRC implements this vision via the following actions:
- Encouraging the formation and support of campus volunteer organizations.
- Serving as a clearinghouse of on-and-off campus volunteer organizations for students, faculty, and staff looking for long-term or one-time volunteer opportunities and matching them with organizations based on their skills, needs, and desires.
- Aiding offices, clubs, and organizations in finding long-term or one-time volunteer opportunities that accentuate their mission statements.
- Creating and inspiring life-long commitment to community service within individuals
- Building alumni/ae connections.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the VRC office.
Drew Emergency Medical Squad (EMS)
The mission of the Drew EMS is to promote health and wellness within the Drew community as well as in surrounding communities through education and to provide a team of students to act as first responders in conjunction with Drew University Public Safety to help those in need of emergency medical services.
Advisor(s): Amy Koritz, Rob Lucid
Drew Honduras Project
The Drew Honduras Project is a student-run volunteer program with faculty advisement. Students make plans, develop community partnerships in Honduras and the Dominican Republic, raise funds and organize the trip. In the process, they refine leadership and interpersonal skills, organizational strategies, understanding of budgeting, and knowledge of fundraising methods. They live the “Drew and Do” credo, and learn what it means to share knowledge and use education with the highest of impacts. Applications due mid-September on their page.
Colleges Against Cancer
The American Cancer Society Colleges Against Cancer is a nationwide collaboration of college students, faculty, and staff dedicated to saving lives from cancer by initiating and supporting programs of the American Cancer Society in college communities. Drew’s Colleges Against Cancer Club focuses on advocacy, cancer education, the American Cancer Society Relay for Life, and survivorship.