First Year Civic Scholars
- Join a living-learning community in a residence hall with fellow civic scholars
- Enroll in the “Community Service” College Seminar
- Contribute time and effort to local community organizations
- Complete a minimum of 100 hours of service benefiting communities beyond Drew’s campus each year (at least 50 hours completed while classes are in session at Drew)
- Enroll in year long CE 101: Civic Engagement Workshop
- Work with your team to plan and execute a civic project
- Be engaged, compassionate, respectful, and effective!
Civic Scholars C’17 Community Partner placements include: Cornerstone Madison Adult Day Center, Madison Day Care Center, Dress for Success, Rosa Parks Community School , Furniture Assist, Zufall Health Center, Homeless Solutions, Madison Borough, Market Street Mission, Morristown Neighborhood House Afterschool Program, College Prep and ESOL program. Read more about our Community Partners and comments by current Civic Scholars about their volunteer experience.