To connect education and action for the common good.
Community based learning at Drew:
Classes, internships and the Leadership in Social Action Minor provide real world experience and benefit our shared community.
Civic Engagement at Drew:
Community Action Week offers 20 different ways for students, faculty & staff to get engaged & make a difference in our local community.
The Center for Civic Engagement serves Drew University and our communities as a resource, convener, and partner for those committed to the work of melding knowledge with action in order to improve our shared world. The Center supports teaching, research, scholarship, art, and other university-based activities that benefit communities. Working collaboratively with community organizations and other institutions, we develop sustainable partnerships that can help both Drew and its partners meet their goals.
- Drew University held a two day celebration of Martin Luther King Jr.’s life of service.
- Four of the Six Coolest Internships at Drew are Civic Scholars
- Professor Patrick McGuinn and students from the Community Based Learning course Social Policy and Inequality conducted research that led to a grant to the Interfaith Food Pantry for the Healthy Choice Mobile Pantry Program.
- Civic Scholars Courtney Trzasko, C17, and Chatham Studer, C’19, are nominees to the 2017 Allstate NABC-WBCA Good Works Team.
- The Center hosted two University-wide events this fall, bringing our students closer to our community. Learn more about the Civically Engaged Alumni Networking Event and Innovation Town Hall.
- Linus, the Center’s Seeing Eye Puppy-in-Training, will be leaving campus in January for his new life of service.
- Alternative Spring Break trip to Appalachia will occur March 5-11, 2017. APPLY HERE!
- Save the date for the Community Service and Non-Profit Fair on Friday March 17. Find job, internship and volunteer opportunities.
- FilmBoot24, a collaboration of community educators and artists that focuses on at-risk students, is coming to Drew on March 17-19. More information and registration coming soon.
- Find out more about our upcoming and past events