To connect education and action for the common good.
Community based learning at Drew:
Classes, internships and the Leadership in Social Action Minor provide real world experience and benefit our shared community.
Civic Engagement at Drew:
Community Action Week offers 20 different ways for students, faculty & staff to get engaged & make a difference in our local community.
The Center for Civic Engagement serves Drew University and our communities as a resource, convener, and partner for those committed to the work of melding knowledge with action in order to improve our shared world. The Center supports teaching, research, scholarship, art, and other university-based activities that benefit communities. Working collaboratively with community organizations and other institutions, we develop sustainable partnerships that can help both Drew and its partners meet their goals.
- Linus, the Center’s Seeing Eye Puppy-in-Training, is a big hit on campus.
- Newark teens share their stories on stage at Drew, part of the Advantage Arts Summer Program
- Celebrating Socially Responsible Action during Community Action Week 2016
- Congratulations to the 2016 Civic Engagement Award Winners!
- Drew Honors Martin Luther King Jr. Through Service
- In Pursuit of the Greater Good: Our Center helps the University make a lasting difference for communities in need
- The Network for Responsible Public Policy will host a lecture and Q&A on American Elections: The Challenge of Dark Money and Voting Machines on October 20 at 7:30 in LC 28. Seating is limited so register today!
- Drew University hosts the Project Pericles Director’s Meeting
- Center For Civic Engagement celebrates Women’s Entrepreneurship Week
- Community Based Learning Courses Fall 2016
- Center for Global Education Short Trecs
- Workshops & Events