To connect education and action for the common good.
Community based learning at Drew:
Classes, internships and the Leadership in Social Action Minor provide real world experience and benefit our shared community.
Civic Engagement at Drew:
Community Action Week offers 20 different ways for students, faculty & staff to get engaged & make a difference in our local community.
The Center for Civic Engagement serves Drew University and our communities as a resource, convener, and partner for those committed to the work of melding knowledge with action in order to improve our shared world. The Center supports teaching, research, scholarship, art, and other university-based activities that benefit communities. Working collaboratively with community organizations and other institutions, we develop sustainable partnerships that can help both Drew and its partners meet their goals.
- Community Action Week was recently featured in Drew Today!
- Drew students worked alongside Orange High School students and filmmaking Professionals to produce short films for FilmBoot24.
- 10 Things You Learn As A Drew University Civic Scholar
- Four of the Six Coolest Internships at Drew are Civic Scholars
- Professor Patrick McGuinn and students from the Community Based Learning course Social Policy and Inequality conducted research that led to a grant to the Interfaith Food Pantry for the Healthy Choice Mobile Pantry Program.