To help Seniors begin to prepare for this important year, the Senior Open House is held early in the fall semester. Seniors receive their handbook, Career Decisions, as a gift from the Drew Alumni Association.
Career Talk Series
Seniors should attend the Career Talk series of events including alumni career information panels, resumania, and interviewing and job search workshops. In addition, hiring organizations come to campus to present information sessions which provide students with more details about the organizations and position openings.
What Is the Drew Career Center Interview Program?
Each year the Career Center connects graduating seniors with organizations seeking new employees. Students meeting specified qualifications may submit resumes to request interviews. Resume submission dates and detailed information on each organization are available through the DrewLink website. To prepare students for their interviews, the Career Center holds resume reviews, sponsors Interview Workshops, and provides the opportunity to participate in practice interviews.
Recommendations For Career Center Interview Program Participants
- Decide which organizations to apply to by reviewing the DrewLink website and individual organization information and web sites. For help in making these decisions, students should make an appointment with a Career Counselor to discuss their career interests.
- Attend Resumania or ask for a resume review by a Career Counselor.
- Prepare a Cover Letter to be used when needed, and have it reviewed by a Career Counselor.
- Submit resumes on DrewLink on or before the posted deadlines.
After Selection for Interviews:
- Attend a Job Interview Workshop required of all participants.
- Thoroughly prepare for interviews by reading all information on the organization.
- Dress for success.
- Be on time for the interview.
- Bring an extra resume copy.
- Send a thank you note to the interviewer after the interview.