If you know you want to make a change, but are unsure how and what you want to do, career counseling with a professionally-trained counselor is the answer.
- Self-Assessment – Understanding your interests, skills, values, and personality is where all career decision-making begins. You must know yourself before you move forward.
- Individual Career Counseling – You can meet with a Career Counselor for three individual sessions. You will engage in self-assessment, evaluation, clarification of your goals, and development of a plan by which to achieve them.
- MyPlan is a free, online career development program available to alumni, where you will take several self-assessment inventories to identify possible career options.
We will review your résumé and make suggestions for reformatting, updating, and refining.
For those in career transitions, you might consider developing a skills résumé, or if you are moving into the field of education or research, you will want to develop a Curriculum Vitae.
If it’s been some time since your last interview, we can help sharpen your interviewing skills with tips and techniques for effective interviewing. In addition, we can conduct a “Mock Interview,” as a way to practice the techniques you learn.
We can assist you in your job search by providing the following services:
- Online job database
- CareerShift An online set of integrated applications proven to help job seekers successfully find employment (Note: Please contact The Center for Career Development for registration information)
- Information on job search strategies
- Industry-specific job search websites
- Informational interviewing with professionals in your field of interest
- Alumni contacts