The Center for Civic Engagement invites nominations for the 2018 Civic Engagement Awards. These awards recognize and honor Drew’s contributions to our communities beyond the university. Nominate a person or group that deserves special recognition for their work and commitment to making the world a better place.
- The Collaborative Action Award is awarded to a student organization or community partner that leads an effective collaboration with the university to accomplish a community service project outside the university.
- The Faculty Leadership Award will be given to a full-time faculty member in any school of Drew University who has demonstrated commitment to civic engagement through advocacy, teaching, or project development.
- The Staff Leadership Award will be given to a full-time staff member who has developed or supported opportunities for the Drew community to participate in activities that benefit others.
- The Graduate Student Community Action Award will be given to a student enrolled in the Theological School or the Caspersen School of Graduate Studies who has benefited a community outside of Drew by integrating an academic or creative endeavor with community engagement.
- The Creative Community Award will be given to an individual or group in the Drew University community that shows unusual creativity or innovation in pursuit of a community service or civic engagement project benefiting a community outside of Drew.
- The Thomas D. Sayles Jr. Student Award for Outstanding Service to the Community is awarded annually to a junior undergraduate student, who, like the award’s namesake, has demonstrated an exceptional commitment and unselfish dedication to the Drew family and to the larger community through exemplary volunteer service.
Note: Individuals or groups may be nominated for more than one award, but a separate nomination form must be submitted for each award. Students receiving awards must be in good academic and social standing with the university.
Submit nominations here!
For additional information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 8827
Deadline for nominations: Monday, March 12, 2018
SAVE THE DATE: 2018 CIVIC ENGAGEMENT AWARDS & SHOWCASE
Tuesday April 17 * 4:00-5:30 PM * Ehinger Center, Crawford Hall
Part of Community Action Week April 16-22, 2018. #communityactionweek