On May 18, the first class of Civic Scholars will graduate from Drew. These pioneering undergraduates started the academic year following the fall 2008 launch of Drew's Center for Civic Engagement.
“Bob Fenstermacher wasn’t just a great teacher; he was the reason I came to Drew,” reflects Dr. David McIntyre ’86.
Plugged in on Wall Street
Economics professor Marc Tomljanovich uses mobile technology to modernize an iconic program that puts students in the nerve center of global finance.
A Spark of Inspiration
"I got so much from Drew, and really felt the need to give something back. So, I’m giving my time and knowledge to help these students." --Michael Carri C'89
99, 98 and Counting
On the night of February 9, Facebook and Twitter accounts were lit up with posts that the Class of 2013 had started something new at Drew: they were marking 98 nights until graduation day.
“It wasn’t until years after I graduated that I really came to appreciate what an incredible place Drew is,” reflects Rob Potanovich ’97.
People Caring about People
"We quickly realized that this wasn't a charity mission," recalls Julia Schleck '99 of The Honduras Project. It was a life-changing experience for us as well as a commitment to the people and place."
- 5/18 Commencement
- 5/19 Drew Chorale in Summit, NJ
- 5/19 Drew Chorale Concert & Reception in New York, NY
- 5/21 Drew Chorale in Worcester, MA
- 5/22 Drew Chorale in Cambridge, MA
- 5/23 Drew Chorale in New Haven, CT
- Drew Gatherings at United Methodist Annual Conferences
- 6/5 Alumni Dinner at Hampton Ministers’ Conference
- 6/6 Chicago: Dinner & Show
- 6/7 Drew Club of Philadelphia: American Philosophical Society Tour
- 6/8 Drew Club of New York City: Four Freedoms Park Tour
- 6/8 Drew Club of Southern California: Dinner at the Yard House
- 6/10 Blue & Green Golf Outing