What are the requirements to be a tutor?
● All tutors must be current students at Drew in good standing
● All tutors must maintain a 3.0 Cumulative GPA
● In order to be eligible to tutor for a course, the student must have taken the course at Drew and received at least an A minus.
● All tutors must complete Level 1 of CRLA Certification during their first full semester as a tutor.
What are you looking for in a tutor?
● Excellent time management skills
● Strong leadership skills
● Excellent verbal communication skills
● Professional conduct
● Ability to work with a diverse group of students
● Commitment to helping students succeed
What are my responsibilities as a tutor?
● Arrive prepared and on time for all appointments
● Respond promptly to email communications from the Center Staff
● Attend mandatory training sessions
● Complete Client Report Forms at the end of each session
How do I apply to be a tutor?
● Complete the tutoring application (link below)
● Submit current transcript to email@example.com
● If you are considered a strong candidate for a tutor you will be asked to complete an interview and orientation session.
Upon receiving your application, we will send you further instructions. Please give us 5-7 days to process your application.