Maya Sanyal, Ph.D. – Assistant Director, Academic Services & Drew University Writing Center, Adjunct Faculty, First Year College Writing Program
Maya’s expertise includes:
- Program management: Tutoring Services and Writing Center
- Advising: Student Success
- Teaching: Academic Writing & First Year Composition
Asha Nambiar – Disabilities Coordinator
As a coordinator, I serve as the:
- Point person regarding the scope and nature of the services provided by Disability Services to a range of audiences including potential students (and their parents), enrolled students, and the Drew community (including faculty, staff and other academic and service areas).
- Review student documentation and determining what accommodations would best mitigate the student’s needs.
- Meet with enrolled students each semester to arrange accommodations.
- Collaborate with other university departments to ensure students with disabilities needs are being met throughout campus as consistently and appropriately as possible.
Jana McKelroy – Academic Coach
Jana’s expertise includes:
- Helping students become independent learners
- Assisting students in developing study plans to accommodate any content material
- Developing students’ study skills that they will be able to use throughout their college career and into their professional life
- Teaching STDY 101: “Introduction to Collegiate Studies”
- Conducting professional development workshops for the peer tutors at the Drew Writing Center
- Moderator of the “S4: Student Success Seminar Series”
Linda Snyder – Learning Specialist
Linda’s expertise includes:
- Providing individualized instruction to address
- Improving Reading Rate and Comprehension
- Planning, Sequencing, and Revising Assignments
- Developing Task Timelines
- Implementing Test Review Strategies
- Creating and Utilizing Mnemonic Devices – (Memory Techniques)
- Identifying Learning Styles and Preferred Modalities
Personal interests include: Fiber Arts, Performing Arts, Kayaking and Snow Sports. Please contact me at email@example.com for schedule and rate information.
Joanne McCann – Administrative Assistant and Office Manager
Joanne’s expertise includes:
- Act as the point-of-contact person for the Academic Services and Disability Departments.
- Administer and monitor all alternate testing for students with academic accommodations.
- Maintain records and communicate information about the requests of Incomplete Grades, CLA Petitions to the Faculty, Final Exam Re-scheduling Requests, Appeals of Required Leaves/Withdrawals.