The mission of the Office of Academic Services is to help students maximize their academic success in the College of Liberal Arts at Drew University. Our goal is to assist students while encouraging them to be life-long, self-advocating, active learners.
We provide the following important services:
- Provide academic advising information to Drew faculty as they serve in their roles as academic advisers;
- Serve as a resource for students on matters of academic policy, the advising process, petitioning the Academic Standing Committee, and other questions and concerns;
- Coordinate tutorial services, free of charge, for undergraduate students;
- Assist students with academic difficulties*;
- Advise students returning from required leaves on appropriate courses of action;
- Through the Office of Accessibility Resources, provide reasonable basic accommodations for students with learning differences and physical challenges;
- Work with program directors from Continuing Education, International Student Services, Educational Opportunity Scholars and Athletics as part of a larger student support network.
In addition, the Office of Academic Services Office may:
- Identify and set mandatory requirements to address the needs of academically at risk students such as those students on academic probation, as necessary, in the discretion of the Office, to assist the student in better meeting academic requirements.
*If you are in crisis, please contact Drew Counseling Services by phone, 973-408-3398 (Monday-Friday, 9am – 5pm) or Public Safety, 973-408-4444 (emergency number, available 24/7).
Other crisis numbers include 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or Morristown Medical Center Crisis Intervention (973-540-0100).