Interested in working as a Desk Staff in the Center for Academic Excellence (CAE)? Review the job description, responsibilities, and guidelines below.
Desk Staff Job Description & Requirements
- Commits to working to 5-10 hours a week
- Attends staff meetings
- Greets and welcomes students, tutors and guests to the CAE
- Serves as the face of the CAE for guests during campus tours
- Assists students in scheduling appointments with the online scheduler
- Ensures all tutors scheduled for open hours or appointments during the shift are present and accounted for
- Records all tutor or student cancellations and no-shows in the Google Drive Tutoring Roster
- Contacts students via phone and email in case of student no-show
- Contacts tutors via phone and email in case of tutor no-show
- Answers phone calls and addresses student needs
- Completes a daily log of all activity during each shift
- Remind tutors of their responsibilities to complete client report forms
- Abides by all Center policies as set forth in the tutor manual and desk staff manual
- Maintains professionalism in the CAE
- Fulfills responsibilities as assigned by the Tutoring Coordinator, Assistant Tutoring Coordinator, or CAE Directors
Guidelines for submitting your application:
- All desk staff must be current students at Drew in good academic standing.
- Submit a current, unofficial copy of your transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please submit two faculty or staff references using the Desk Staff Reference Form here. Faculty or staff should email the Reference Form to email@example.com or return to the CAE located in the University Library.