Our first annual Women’s Leadership Symposium
Saturday, March 22, 2014
11 AM – 5 PM | Please arrive at 10:30 AM to pick up all materials
Twitter: @DrewStuAct #DrewLEAD
This entire event, including lunch, is free of charge!
Who is this program designed for?
Drew students from all areas within the university: College of Liberal Arts women, Caspersen women, and/or Theological women are all invited!
This program is for women who want to learn, grow, and engage in our Drew University community. We are looking for women who are excited and passionate about creating positive change.
Our conference theme for 2014 is: Find your Passion
What’s in it for you? Above all, an incredible experience, free of charge, right here on our campus!
- Dedicated time focused on your personal leadership development
- Sessions on finding your passion and goal setting
- Motivation to achieve your goals
- Insight about global women’s issues
- Networking opportunities with women inside and outside of our Drew Community
2014 Speakers and Presenters
This list of presenters is growing every day and subject to change.
- Dr. Vivian Bull – President, Drew University
- Lillie Edwards, Ph.D. – Drew University Professor of History, Director of the Pan African Studies and American Studies Department
- Erin Hennessy – Drew University Alumna; Vice President at TVP Communications
- Robin Nestler and Laura Ciarocca – President and Vice President for Organizational Development at Set Her Free, a non-profit organization working to restore the lives of young girls, formerly enslaved by sex trades.
- Courtney O’Connell – Director of Business Development at Equalman Studios; TEDx Speaker and a rising leader on the topic of innovation in education.
- Zaneta Rago – Acting Director, Center for Social Justice Education & LGBT Communities at Rutgers University; Zaneta’s topic for this presentation will be, “Intersectionality: Placing Marginalized Identities & Experiences at the Center of Our Feminist Framework”