The Purchase Order is the standard document used to obtain goods and services over $250.
- Any purchase that totals more than $500 requires the submission of three (3) official quotes.
- When requesting quotes, each vendor must receive the same information, and within a reasonable time frame.
- It takes at least two weeks for Purchasing to process a PO.
- Students may not solicit vendors for price quotes for goods/services in excess of $2500.
- For goods/services over $2500 Purchasing must complete the bidding.
- Thirty (30) days should be allowed for the bid process to be complete
- Treasurer’s signature is required on all paperwork.
- PO will not be paid until after the event or goods have been received.
- Complete Purchasing Request Form
Words of Wisdom: University policy mandates that a Purchase Order (PO) be issued before an order is placed. Arrangements made between a student and supplier without obtaining a PO may result in personal liability for the student.