Select Your Location
Once you have formulated your ideas and established co-sponsoring relationships, your next step is to explore potential locations for your event. There are a wide range of options available for students. Listed below are some of the most popular places for student organizations to hold events:
- Baldwin Gym and Simon Forum
- LC 28 and LC 30
- Black Box*: contact the Theatre Department for approval and HCH to reserve
- Kirby Theater*
- Concert Hall*
- Mead Hall – All events held in Mead Hall require a full time faculty or staff member (usually your club advisor) to be in attendance for the duration of your club event.
- To reserve on-campus location, including outdoor spaces:
- Contact Marc Gordon in HCH (x3308); for all locations listed above
- For residence hall lounges, contact Residence Life (x3394)
Please note that in order to confirm a reservation, student organizations are required to first submit a Program Planning Guide.
*Rental fees may apply for these locations
Registering an Event
- Submit a Program Planning Guide (PPG) to the Office of Student Activities (for review and approval) for any event planned. Provide detailed information about your event including:
- Proposed date, time, and location of your event.
- All of the University services you anticipate needing.
- Any off campus services you anticipate needing
- Once this information is submitted, the Office of Student Activities will review the information and help determine what steps need to be completed in order for the event to be a success.
Please note once the Program Planning Guide has been approved by the Office of Student Activities it is the responsibility of the student organization to contact other University offices, such as HCH, Media Resource Center (MRC), Public Safety, Aramark Catering, etc. as instructed by the Office of Student Activities staff. These offices will communicate with the student contact person listed on the Program Planning Guide to identify services needed and request additional information.