Friday, August 29, 2014 | New Student Orientation, Day One!
All events are subject to change!
Download our full schedule on the Guidebook app an have it on your smart phone throughout the program! Updates and schedule changes will be announce via the Guidebook app.
It’s Move-In Day!
7 AM – 12 PM: Move-In for Residential Students (Enter campus via Lancaster Road)
View the full Move-In Day Arrival Schedule on our website!
11 AM – 12 PM: Commuter students arrive (Check-in at the Commons Concourse)
- Commuter Student Parking - Commuter students should park in the Commuter Student Parking lot, located behind Sitterly House. This lot is easiest to access via the entrance to campus via the church gate (by the Methodist Church).
11: AM – 2 PM: Lunch for students, parents, and guests (The Commons)
- University Department and Vendor Fair - During lunch, meet representatives from various academic and administrative departments at Drew, meet with local banks, shop at the Bed, Bath and Beyond Tent Sale, and get yourself set up in your new home!
2 – 2:45 PM: Starting your Drew Chapter & Family Farewell (Baldwin Gym): Students, Parents, and Guests
- Hear from our university administrators, words of advice from recent graduates, Student Government, and others as we transition the newest members of our community to Drew.
- Parents, family members and guests can head home after this session!
3 PM – 3:45 PM: College Seminar Class Meeting
- Your first official class meeting with your College Seminar group! Get to know your Professor and Peer Mentor, and begin discussing the semester ahead! (Assigned Classroom in Brothers College)
3 PM – 3:45 PM: Non-Matriculated Students Meeting (Ehinger Center, 1867 Lounge)
- This meeting is for non-matriculated students to meet with Sunita Bhargava to have any questions answered before the semester begins.
4 – 5:15 PM Welcome Sessions for New Drew Students
- 4 – 4:40 PM: Important information from the Chief of Public Safety, Rob Lucid and the Director of Legal Affairs, Bill Brown. (Baldwin Gym)
- 4:45 – 5:15 PM: Sibling Round-Up – new students will meet their Orientation Leader; aka, their Big Sibling! (Simon Forum Floor)
5:15 – 6 PM: Dinner in Sibling Groups (The Commons)
- New First Year and Transfer students will spend additional time getting to know their peers during their first dinner on campus as a Drew student!
6:15 – 7:45 PM: Playfair (Simon Forum Floor)
- Playfair is a high-energy program filled with exciting twists and turns! You will leave this program knowing a bit more about your classmates!
8 – 9 PM: Floor Meeting with RA’s | Commuter Student Meeting
- Commuter Students will meet in the Ehinger Center, The Space
- Resident Students will meet on their floors in their residence hall
9:15 – 10 PM: Candlelight Ceremony (Tolley/Brown Circle)
- All new students will gather on Tolley/Brown Circle for this special induction event.
- Late night fun in Tolley/Brown Circle – meet your classmates and grab some grub before your first day of New Student Orientation is over!
Auditions for Chorale, Choral Union, & voice lessons will be held August 29-September 7. (See flyer in your packet for details.) August 29-September 1 is priority time for first-year students! If you would like to audition for one of the Music Department’s choirs, visit the Choral & Vocal Studies bulletin board in the DOYO Music Wing to sign up for a time. For more information, contact Prof. Jason Bishop, Director of Choral & Vocal Studies, at firstname.lastname@example.org.