In the event of a psychological crisis:
- During the Fall and Spring semesters, please walk in or contact us by phone, 973-408-3398 (Monday-Friday, 9am – 5pm). You can come directly to Counseling and Psychological Services and wait for a counselor. It might be comforting to bring a friend with you. We are located on Drew University’s campus in Holloway Annex (in the same building as Health Services) right up the hill from the University Commons.
- You can call Public Safety, 973-408-4444 (emergency number, available 24/7)
Other crisis numbers include:
- National Text Helpline: Text “hi” to 741741
- Morristown Medical Center Crisis Intervention (973-540-0100)
- 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Morris Cares Sexual Assault Hotline (973-829-0587)
- Contact We Care (908-232-2880)
If you are in a crisis situation and the Counseling Center is closed, please call Public Safety at 973-408-4444
You can also call Morristown Memorial Hospital help line 973 540-0100
Making the Most of Emergency Services
During the day, regular office hours are 9am-5pm M-F. If you are in crisis, come directly to the counseling center and wait for a counselor. It might be comforting to you, if you bring a friend with you. We are located on the South end of Drew University’s campus in Holloway Annex 21 adjacent to the Health Center across from the University Commons.
Here are some other steps you can take in times of distress:
- Identify the specific source of the distress and write down and review positive things you can do to respond to it.
- Talk with a trusted family member, mentor, or friend.
- Engage in activities that help you feel better (like listening to relaxing music, exercising, going for a walk, writing in a journal)
- If you have thoughts of harming yourself or others, secure help right away by coming to the Counseling Center. We are located on the South end of Drew University’s campus in Holloway Annex 21 adjacent to the Health Center across from the University Commons. You may also reach out to us by calling 973-408-3398 or calling Public Safety at 973-408-4444. Find a friend and stay with him/her until you receive help.