Content lists are used to automatically display an automatically updated list of content from elsewhere on the site. Potential lists include other pages, posts, or custom post types.
Options – all are optional
- title: a title to display before the list
- show: (excerpt, content, title (default))
- taxonomy: gets a list of content from a custom taxonomy
- category: a word press category
- ctype: (post, page (default))
- thumb: which size thumbnail (dt-footer by default)
- sticky: (true, false) keeps sticky posts at the top
- child_of: the number of page
- limit: #
- page_id: shows content from a specific page
- before: tag to wrap the clist in
- after: tag to close the clist wrapper
- blogid: the # of a blog
- sort_order: (ASC, DESC)
- “author” – Sort by the numeric author IDs.
- “category” – Sort by the numeric category IDs.
- “content” – Sort by content.
- “date” – Sort by creation date.
- “ID” – Sort by numeric post ID.
- “menu_order” – Sort by the menu order. Only useful with pages and attachments.
- “mime_type” – Sort by MIME type. Only useful with attachments.
- “modified” – Sort by last modified date.
- “name” – Sort by stub.
- “parent” – Sort by parent ID.
- “password” – Sort by password.
- “rand” – Randomly sort results.
- “status” – Sort by status.
- “title” – Sort by title.
- “type” – Sort by type.
- A Perfect Example Page
- Adding, Aligning and Resizing Images
- Broken Link Checker
- Campuswide Emails
- Creative Services
- Digital Communications
- Directory Info
- Drew Magazine
- Editing Existing Pages
- Email Footer
- Event Marketing
- Flickr Sets
- How to Request Work
- Job Request Form
- Lists of Content
- Logging In
- Magazine FAQ
- Magazine Survey
- Mail House Services
- Making Forms & Viewing Entries
- Making Links
- Making New Pages
- Media Policy
- Off-Campus Program Photo Guide
- Office of Communications
- Org Charts
- Policies & Standards
- Procedures & Resources
- Proper Formatting
- Reverting to Older Versions of a Page
- Share Good News!
- Short Codes
- Show/Hide Content
- Social Media Directory
- Social Media Directory – Live
- Social Media Policy
- Staff list
- Table of Contents
- The Communications Toolkit
- University Web Policy
- Uploading File Attachments
- Video Tutorials
- Website & WordPress Editing and Style Guide
- Website Style & Editing Guide
2 Random Posts in a Specific Category
[clist ctype="post" sort_column="rand" limit="2" category="notices"]
Child Pages Sorted by Menu Order
[clist ctype="page" child_of="32"]