If a Drew student is suspected missing, immediately contact the Department of Public Safety at ext. 3379 or from any off-campus phone at (973) 408-3379.
Students can also contact for follow-up and report, after the initial call is made to Public Safety.
- Robert C. Lucid, Chief, Public Safety, 3379
- Sara Waldron, Dean of Campus Life and Student Affairs, ext. 3390
- Frank Merckx, Associate Dean of Campus Life and Student Affairs, ext 3390
All reports of missing persons made to Public Safety are followed up with an on-going investigation, per Standard Operating procedures. If it is determined by Public Safety that a student for whom a missing person report has been filed has been missing for more than 24 hours, then within the next 24 hours the university will:
- Notify the individual identified by the student as the missing person contact; Students can designate an emergency contact person by completing an Emergency Contact Registration form (link);
- If the student is under 18 years old and not emancipated, the university will notify a parent or guardian, as required by law; and;
- The university will notify appropriate law enforcement officials, even if the student has not registered a contact person.