Summer and Non-Matriculation Programs at Drew University

There are a variety of programs available at Drew for international students interested in a short-term study experience. Students who are studying or living outside of the United States will need to apply for a student visa at a U.S. Consulate for their studies at Drew.  Enrollment in a program must be full-time to be eligible for the student visa.  If you are currently on an F-1 or J-1 visa in the United States, you do not need to transfer your SEVIS record if you plan to enroll for summer session only.

For more information on Drew’s Summer and Non-Matriculation Programs, please visit Continuing Education.   Once you have been admitted to a program at Drew, International Student & Scholar Services will work with you to prepare the documents required for a student visa.   The DS-2019 Application Form  must be completed along with the financial certification and affidavit of support before the immigration document for the J-1 visa can be issued. For an overview of the U.S. visa process, please visit the State Department’s website and for information on the J-1 Exchange Visitor Program you can visit the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.

We hope that you find a program of interest so that we can welcome you to our international community of students from over 40 countries.  If you have questions related to the student visa process or you would like the opportunity to contact an international student at Drew, please contact Laura Arthur, Director of International Student & Scholar Services at