Financial Requirements for I-20 Eligibility
In addition to proving your status as a “bona fide” full-time student for the I-20 process and visa interview, you must provide evidence that you can support the cost of living and studying in the U.S. for a minimum of one year (or for the duration of your program if less than 12 months). Please keep the following in mind when planning your studies at Drew:
- Do not expect to work in the U.S. to help meet your financial requirements. (On campus employment is limited and competitive. Off-campus employment may be available after your first year of study but must be within your field of study and approved by USCIS.)
- Carefully review the estimated cost of attendance on Drew’s website and understand that this amount may increase slightly for the academic year that you begin your studies.
- Although we add additional costs to the “estimate of expenses” on the Form I-20 (section 7), you must budget for unexpected health expenses, travel costs during university holidays/breaks, text books, etc.
Sources of Financial Support
Financial support can come from any combination of the following sources in the U.S. or abroad:
- Personal Funds that come from your own resources
- Funds from the University such as scholarships. Drew offers merit-based scholarships based on academic performance. You must check with the Admissions office in your School to determine if you have been awarded a scholarship.
- Funds from “sponsors” (parents, friends, governments, organizations). You must complete the Affidavit of Support if you are a student with a sponsor. Each sponsor must complete a separate Affidavit.
Documentary Evidence Required
- Bank/Asset Statement
- Copy of Scholarship Award Letters (from Drew, government, church, non-profit organization, etc.)
- Affidavit of Support 2014
Please visit the Drew University Cost of Attendance webpage to view the estimate of expenses for your program of study.
Estimate of Expenses for the Doctorate of Ministry Summer 2014 Program
Tuition: $4950 ($550/credit)
Housing: $675 (estimate)
Total Estimate: $5875